The PDA1024-01 is a DIN rail mounted 24 VDC transmitter power supply
In its most basic form, the PDW90 consists of field units (up to 32) that accept 4-20 mA signals and transmits them wirelessly to a base station. The primary advantage of this system is how simple and economical it is to get multiple signals (not just 4-20 mA, also discrete (digital) and Modbus) from where you have them to where you need them – all without having to run wires!
The wireless communication between the field units and the base station is bi-directional. That means you can send 4-20 mA, discrete and Modbus signals from the field units to the base station and also send completely different 4-20 mA, discrete and Modbus signals from the base station to the field units. For instance, the field unit could send a 4-20 mA signal to the base station corresponding to the level in a tank and the base station could send a 4-20 mA sig-nal to the field unit to control a valve.
Field units are also equipped with four digital I/O that can each be independently programmed as an input or an output. A Loss of Signal warning is also available by connecting devices to the G and LS screw terminals.
To indicate alarm situations in the field, the field unit can be equipped with an optional, field installable, two relays module. These relays are rated Form A (SPST) 5A and are controlled by the digital outputs on the base station.
The base stations are available in configurations for 2, 6, or 16 I/O slots for a variety of field installable I/O modules. The available I/O modules are:
- •Dual Analog Input
- •Dual Analog Output
- •Dual Relay Output
- •Four Digital I/O
The specified range between the base station and field units is 1 mile line-of-sight outdoor and 500 feet indoor and repeaters are available to extend the range. A low-cost wireless survey tool, Model PDA10, is available to test the signal strength of your application before you buy. And if the PDW90 system does not work in your application, you can return it for full credit!
PDWR wireless signal repeaters are used to improve the connectivity in PDW30 point to point and PDW90 point to multi-point wireless systems. They will generally increase signal range of the system by another 1 mile line-of-sight or 500 feet indoor.
The repeaters are simple to install as they only require power and a network ID. Any PDW wireless units in range of the repeater with the same network ID will retransmit through it, thus increasing signal strength.
PDWR repeaters can be used to broadcast over very long distances or around permanent obstacles.
The PDWR repeaters are available in either aluminum or stainless steel NEMA 4X, IP68 enclosures and these enclosures contain plenty of room for field wiring connections.
The PD6000 is a member of the ProVu series of 1/8 DIN digital panel meters that accepts a process current (4-20 mA) or process voltage (0-5V, 1-5V, etc.) signal. It displays that signal on a dual-line, 6-digit display that is available with optional Sunbright® sunlight readable LEDs. Like all ProVu meters, the PD6000 includes UL / C-UL listing and CE marking, a NEMA 4X front, and AC or DC power options. ProVu meters can be equipped with up to four internal relays, a 4-20 mA output and Modbus® RTU serial communications. The PD6000 includes a 24 VDC power supply to drive the transmitter and can be programmed via the front panel pushbuttons or free MeterView® Pro software.
Go with the Helios PD2-6060 when you need a large display meter to display two 4-20 mA inputs on one meter. Both of these inputs can be displayed on six full digits and each transmitter is provided with its own 24 VDC transmitter power supply. The PD2-6060 can also perform a variety of math functions on those two inputs, such as computing the difference between them or summing them together.Why you should buy:
- Large Dual Line Display
- Dual Analog Inputs
- Math Functions
- USB Programming
Go with the Helios PD2-6200 when you want to display both flow rate and total at the same time from a 4-20 mA output flowmeter. The PD2-6200 can display both flow rate and total in six full digits and can also be configured to display non-resettable grand total. The PD2-6200 can even display open channel flow using its programmable exponent function. The PD2-6200's NEMA 4X enclosure, super bright LEDs, and wide operating temperature range make it perfect for outdoor applications.Why you should buy:
- Large Dual Line Display
- Displays Flow Rate and Total
- Analog Input
The PDA10 is a wireless surveying tool kit which is intended to be used in conjunction with PDW30 or PDW90 wireless products. The surveying tool kit comes with two units: a handheld unit and a target unit. Use the pair prior to wireless system installation to demonstrate signal strength throughout the facility or between intended installation locations. The handheld unit may be used standalone after installation in order to determine received signal strength from all of the devices in order to determine new field unit locations or to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- The PDA6420 loop-powered split core AC current transducer converts the AC current flowing through a cable or wire to a 4-20 mA signal and can be set up in the field to handle inputs of 30, 60, or 120 AAC. This nonintrusive device features split core convenience for easy installation and is a cost-effective solution for monitoring load or proof of operation. The current transducer is ideal for monitoring current loads on pumps, driving fans and blowers, and sensing the status of heating coils and lighting. When used for load trending over time, they are effective sensors for predictive maintenance programs. The PDA6420 is a loop-powered device requiring 24 VDC power that can be provided by many Precision Digital meters or by the Precision Digital PDA1024-01 24 VDC power supply.
- The ConsoliDator+ is a multi-channel controller that is both easy to use and satisfies a wide variety of process display, alarm and control applications. It accepts 4-20 mA inputs, flow meter pulse inputs, digital inputs, Modbus RTU inputs, and displays them both in numeric and bargraph format on a large, 5.7" color display. It can be equipped with multiple relays with user-definable actions, 4-20 mA outputs, digital outputs, Modbus RTU, and Ethernet Modbus TCP/IP protocol communication capabilities. Additionally, the controller is equipped with up to 32 timers that can be used to control many processes or events.
All this functionality is easily programmed using free software or via the front panel pushbuttons. Choose the model that best suits your application, from monitoring only to fully loaded controllers with an extensive combination of inputs, outputs and communication protocols. The standard product offering is listed in the ordering guide and other models are available for special order.Why you should buy:
- Display Multiple Inputs on One Screen
- 4-20 mA & Pulse Inputs
- Relay & 4-20 mA Outputs
- Pump Alternation
- Power the Transmitters
- Ethernet Modbus TCP/IP Option
- The PDA0007 ventilation kit consists of two vents and is designed to equalize internal / external pressure and temperature to prevent condensation from building up in the enclosure. Internal baffles within the vents create an airflow pattern that allows air to pass between the inside of the enclosure and the outside environment. The vents are rated UL & CSA Type 4X and IP66. The ventilation kit can also be ordered as a MOD-VENT-P for plastic enclosures and a MOD-VENT-M for steel enclosures. When this is done, the accompanying enclosure will be provided with pre-drilled holes for the vents (Installation is done by the user and the enclosure is sold separately). See ordering information.