The Loop Leader PD6600 is a general-purpose, loop-powered, 1/8 DIN process meter. The four front panel buttons make setup and programming of the meter simple and intuitive. A dual-line display featuring five digits on the top line and eight digits on the bottom line, preprogrammed engineering units, and optional bargraph display (PD6604) or feet and inches display (PD6603) provide a clear and attractive presentation of the process. The units of measure can be changed as needed within a unit class (e.g. volume, temperature, pressure) without the need to re-scale the meter.
The dual-line display can be customized by the user to operate in such a way as to satisfy a specific application. Typically, the top line is used for the process variable while the bottom line is used for engineering units, custom tag, or process variable percentage of full scale. Three programmable function keys and a digital input come standard and allow the meter to be customized for use in specialized applications.
All models come equipped with two open collector outputs and are available with two solid state relays and a 4-20 mA analog output. These outputs can be programmed for alarm indication, signal retransmission via pulse or analog signal, pump control, and a number of other useful features.
The fact that this meter is loop-powered means that there is no need to run additional, costly power lines; the meter gets all of the power it needs from the 4-20 mA loop. The Loop Leader loop-powered process meter is built in a shallow-depth case with a IP65 front and features loop-powered backlighting and a wide -40 to 167°F (-40 to 75°C) operating temperature range. It doesn't matter if it's indoors or outdoors, in bright sunlight or a dimly lit plant, or in an area that is wet, dirty, hot, or cold, the Loop Leader can go just about anywhere.
- Loop-Powered Backlight with Red Backlight for Alarm Conditions
- Loop-Powered Process Meter
- 1.5 Volt Drop (4.7 Volt Drop w/ Backlight)
- IP65 Front
- -40 to 167°F (-40 to 75°C) Operating Temperature Range
- Five Digit Top Line
- Alphanumeric tag names
- Dual Line Display
- 1/8 DIN Shallow Depth Case
- Optional Loop-Powered Solid State Relays
- Optional 4-20 mA Analog Output
- Open Collector Output Standard
- Optional Bargraph Display (PD6604)
- Timer functions for open collectors and relays
- Relay pump alternation based on level and time
- Relay runtime and cycle count
- Multi-Point Linearization, Square Root, Programmable Exponent, and Round Horizontal Tank Input Conditioning Functions
- Automatic units conversion for volume, height, temperature, pressure, weight, and rate