- Fully-Approved Explosion-Proof Loop-Powered Rate/Totalizer
- 4-20 mA Input with ±0.03% Accuracy
- 3.0 Volt Drop (6.0 Volt Drop with Backlight)
- Easy Field Scaling in Engineering Units without Applying an Input
- 0.7" (17.8 mm) 5 Digits Main Display
- 0.4" (10.2 mm) 7 Alphanumeric Characters Secondary Display for Total, Tag, or Units
- Simultaneous 5-Digit Rate and 7-Digit Total Display
- Rate in Units per Second, Minute, Hour, or Day
- Display Open Channel Flow with Programmable Exponent Feature
- Open Collector Pulse or Alarm Output
- Display Mountable at 0°, 90°, 180°, & 270°
- SafeTouch Through-Glass Button Programming
- HART® Protocol Transparent
- Loop or External DC-Powered Backlight Standard
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F)
- Installation Temperature Range: -55 to 75°C (-67 to 167°F)
- CSA Certified as Explosion-Proof / Dust-Ignition-Proof / Flame-Proof
- ATEX and IECEx Certified as Explosion-Proof
- Conformal Coated PCBs for Dust and Humidity Protection
- Password Protection for Programming Only
- 32-Point Linearization, Square Root Extraction and Programmable Exponent Function
- Wide Viewing Angle
- Built-In Flange for Wall or Pipe Mounting
- Explosion-Proof, IP68, NEMA 4X Die-Cast Aluminum & Stainless Steel Enclosures
- Two 1/2" NPT or M20 Conduit Openings
- 2" U-Bolt Kit Available
- 3-Year Warranty
Why Use Loop-Powered Meters?
The most basic decision a user wishing to display a 4-20 mA signal on a digital display has to make is: should the meter be powered by line voltage or should it be powered by the 4-20 mA loop?
There are three main benefits of using loop-powered devices:
- No additional power required
- Easy wiring
- Additional digital displays can easily be added in the same loop
Hazardous Area Loop-Powered Rate/Totalizer
The PD6820 is a rugged, full-featured, explosion-proof loop-powered flow rate/totalizer ideal for demanding applications in hazardous areas or in the harshest environmental conditions. The product is CSA Certified as Explosion-Proof, Dust-Ignition-Proof, and Flame-Proof, and ATEX & IECEx Certified as Explosion-Proof. It is available in either an aluminum or stainless steel enclosure with ¾" or M20 conduit connections. It will operate down to -40°C and is approved for installation in areas where the temperature gets as cold as -55°C, however, the display will cease functioning.
The meter derives all of its power from the 4-20 mA loop thus making installation a simple matter of wiring the instrument into the existing loop. No external power is required. Programming is performed using the four SafeTouch through-glass buttons and can be done without removing the cover. In addition, the meter can be scaled with or without a calibration signal.
The backlit LCD display consists of two lines. The top line of the display has five full digits and can display flow rate or total. The bottom line has seven alphanumeric characters and can display flow rate, total, grand total, a tag, or engineering units. The backlight makes the display visible under any lighting condition and can be powered from either the 4-20 mA loop or from a separate DC power supply. A pulse output is available that can be used to send a pulse to an external device for every user-specified amount of volume totalized.