- Fully-Approved Explosion-Proof Loop-Powered Meter
- 4-20 mA Input with ±0.03% Accuracy
- 3.0 Volt Drop (6.0 Volt Drop with Backlight)
- Easy Field Scaling in Engineering Units without Applying an Input
- 0.6" (15.2 mm) Feet & Inches Main Display With 1/8 or 1/16 Resolution
- 0.4" (10.2 mm) 7 Alphanumeric Characters Secondary Display for Tag, Volume, or Percent
- Display Level in Feet & Inches and Volume, Percent or Decimal Height Simultaneously
- Display Mountable at 0°, 90°, 180°, & 270°
- SafeTouch Through-Glass Button Programming
- 20-Segment Tank Side Level Indicator Bargraph
- Open Collector Output Assignable to High or Low Alarm
- HART® Protocol Transparent
- Loop or External DC-Powered Backlight Standard
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F)
- Installation Temperature Range: -55 to 75°C (-67 to 167°F)
- CSA Certified as Explosion-Proof / Dust-Ignition-Proof / Flame-Proof
- ATEX and IECEx Certified as Explosion-Proof
- Conformal Coated PCBs for Dust and Humidity Protection
- Password Protection
- 32-Point Linearization
- Wide Viewing Angle
- Built-In Flange for Wall or Pipe Mounting
- Explosion-Proof, IP68, NEMA 4X Die-Cast Aluminum & Stainless Steel Enclosures
- Two 3/4" NPT or M20 Conduit Openings
- 2" U-Bolt Kit Available
- 3-Year Warranty
Why Use Loop-Powered Meters?
The most basic decision a user wishing to display a 4-20 mA signal on a digital display has to make is: should the meter be powered by line voltage or should it be powered by the 4-20 mA loop?
There are three main benefits of using loop-powered devices:
- No additional power required
- Easy wiring
- Additional digital displays can easily be added in the same loop
Hazardous Area F&I Loop-Powered Meter
The PD6801 is a rugged, full-featured, explosion-proof loop-powered meter specifically designed for level applications in hazardous areas or in the harshest environmental conditions. Instead of the usual decimal display, the meter displays level in feet, inches, and fractions of an inch with a 20-segment tank level indicator. The secondary display can show a custom unit or tag, percent full, or a second scale for the 4-20 mA input used to indicate volume. The backlight feature makes the display visible under any lighting condition and can be powered from either the 4-20 mA loop or from a separate DC power supply.
The product is CSA Certified as Explosion-Proof, Dust-Ignition-Proof, and Flame-Proof, and ATEX & IECEx Certified as Explosion-Proof. It is available in either an aluminum or stainless steel enclosure with ¾" or M20 conduit connections. It will operate down to -40°C and is approved for installation in areas where the temperature gets as cold as -55°C, however, the display will cease functioning.
The meter derives all of its power from the 4-20 mA loop thus making installation a simple matter of wiring the instrument into the existing loop. No external power is required. Programming is performed using the four SafeTouch through-glass buttons and can be done without removing the cover. In addition, the meter can be scaled with or without a calibration signal.