The Vantageview PD6701 is one of Precision Digital's most advanced and feature-packed plastic, field-mounted, loop-powered indicators designed specifically for level applications that require a feet & inches display. The PD6701 can indicate up to 399 feet, 11 and 15/16 (or 7/8) inches. The PD6701 is built in a NEMA 4X and IP65 rated plastic enclosure which can stand up to even the harshest environmental conditions. It features a dual-line display that can be easily scaled in the field for any 4-20 mA analog input. Two features that really make the PD6701 stand out are its wide viewing angle display and SafeTouch® through-window buttons. These buttons allow the PD6701 tank-side indicator to be programmed and operated through the cover window, thus eliminating the need to remove the cover in dirty or wet environments.
- Display Level in Feet & Inches
- 4-20 mA Input Loop-Powered
- Programmable 1/8 or 1/16 Inch Display
- 20-Segment Tank Level Indicator
- Lower Display for Tag, Volume, or Percent
- SafeTouch Through-Window Button Programming
- Open Collector Alarm Output
- Loop-Powered or External DC-Powered Backlight Standard
- Plastic NEMA 4X, IP65 Enclosure
- Operates from -40 to 75°C
Why Use Loop-Powered Meters?
The most basic decision a user wishing to display a 4-20 mA signal on a digital display has to make is: should the meter be powered by line voltage or should it be powered by the 4-20 mA loop?
There are three main benefits of using loop-powered devices:
- No additional power required
- Easy wiring
- Additional digital displays can easily be added in the same loop
The following diagram illustrates how a loop-powered meter is wired. Notice there are only two connections made to the meter.