The Vantageview PD6700 is one of Precision Digital's most advanced and feature-packed plastic, field-mounted, loop-powered indicators. The fact that this meter is loop-powered means that there is no need to run additional, costly power lines. The PD6700 is built in a NEMA 4X and IP65 rated plastic enclosure which can stand up to even the harshest environmental conditions. It features a dual-line display that can be easily scaled in the field for any 4-20 mA analog input. The display has a five digit upper display, a seven alpha-numeric character lower display, and comes with a backlight standard. Two features that really make the PD6700 stand out are its wide viewing angle display and SafeTouch® through-window buttons. These buttons allow the meter to be programmed and operated through the cover window, thus eliminating the need to remove the cover in dirty or wet environments.
- 4-20 mA Input Loop-Powered
- Modern, Sleek and Practical Enclosure
- 5-Digit, 0.7" (17.8 mm) Upper Display (0.6" for -0L1 Models)
- Optional Level Indicator Bar Graph
- 7 Alphanumeric Character, 0.4" (10.2 mm) Lower Display
- SafeTouch Through-Window Button
- Password Protection
- 32-Point , Square Root, or Exponential Linearization
- Loop or External DC-Powered Backlight Standard
- 3.0 V Drop (6.0 V with Backlight)
- Plastic NEMA 4X, IP65 Enclosure
- Flanges for Wall or Pipe Mounting
- HART Protocol Transparent
- Operates from -40 to 75°C
Why Use Loop-Powered Meters?
The most basic decision a user wishing to display a 4-20 mA signal on a digital display has to make is: should the meter be powered by line voltage or should it be powered by the 4-20 mA loop?
There are three main benefits of using loop-powered devices:
- No additional power required
- Easy wiring
- Additional digital displays can easily be added in the same loop
The following diagram illustrates how a loop-powered meter is wired. Notice there are only two connections made to the meter.