The PD662 NEMA 4X, CSA Certified loop-powered meter is perfect for applications where a simple, inexpensive display is required, and AC power is not available. The PD662 derives all its power from the 4-20 mA loop, including its optional backlight feature. It can be easily scaled in the field using four push buttons; with or without applying an actual calibration signal. The PD662’s display will read up to 2999; we call this 3½+ digits! The PD662 is housed in a rugged NEMA 4X enclosure and is provided with one ½" NPT pipe conduit hole.
- NEMA 4X, IP66 Loop-Powered Field-Mount Process Meter
- 4-20 mA Input
- 1.7 Volt Drop (3.7 Volt Drop with Backlight)
- 0.6" (15.2 mm) 3½+ Digits LCD Display; -1999 to 2999
- HART® Protocol Transparent
- Loop-Powered Backlight
- CSA Certified Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F)
- Four Internal Buttons for Easy Field Scaling
- Max/Min Display
- Programmable Noise Filter
- 32-Point Linearization & Square Root Extraction
- Conformal Coated PCBs for Dust and Humidity Protection
- One ½" Conduit Hole in Enclosure
- Pipe & Panel Mounting Kits Available
- Stainless Steel Tag Available
- 3-Year Warranty
Why Use Loop-Powered Meters?
The most basic decision a user wishing to display a 4-20 mA signal on a digital display has to make is: should the meter be powered by line voltage or should it be powered by the 4-20 mA loop?
There are three main benefits of using loop-powered devices:
- No additional power required
- Easy wiring
- Additional digital displays can easily be added in the same loop
The following diagram illustrates how a loop-powered meter is wired. Notice there are only two connections made to the meter.