- House up to 3 Meters
- 1/8 DIN and 1/4 DIN cutouts available
- Meter Mounted Behind Clear Cover
- NEMA 4X
- Mounting Hardware (Supplied)
- UL, C-UL Listed
- Light / Horn & Reset Button
The PDA3400 series of internally mounted plastic NEMA 4X enclosures for 1/8 DIN Digital Panel Meters and 1/4 DIN PID Controllers provide a convenient way to mount one, two or three Precision Digital meters to walls and other vertical structures. The PDA3400 series enclosures provide a greater degree of protection than other Precision Digital enclosures because the meters are mounted behind a clear polycarbonate cover. These enclosures also have room for a light / horn accessory. They also come pre-cut with 1/8 DIN or 1/4 DIN cutouts or they can be ordered with no cutouts / front plate. Mounting hardware is provided. The cover is secured with four screws. Optional pipe mounting kits are available for mounting the enclosures to 2" pipes. Enclosures, meters and accessories are ordered and packaged separately.
The PDA3400 enclosures include four mounting flanges and four screws. Using the included screws and a Phillips head screwdriver simply assemble each flange in the four threaded screw holes on the back of the enclosure as shown in the example below.
Front view of a PDA3400 series enclosure with supplied mounting flanges installed
Rear view of a PDA3400 series enclosure with supplied mounting flanges installed
The PDA3400 series enclosures is supplied with 4 screws and 4 mounting flanges
Mounting a meter inside the PDA3400 enclosure
- Mount the panel meter by placing it through the cutout on the mounting plate. Secure the meter with the mounting brackets included with the meter.
- Take the mounting plate with the meter and screw it onto the enclosure box by lining up the four screw holes on the plate to the four mounting rods shown on the inside the of enclosure.
- Screw the clear cover onto the front of the enclosure using the four white plastic screws included with the PDA3400.
PDA3400 Series Enclosure with Light / Horn
PDA3407 Enclosure Shown with a ProVu Meter and MOD-LH Light / Horn and Reset Button. Meter & MOD-LH Sold Separately. Assembly Required.
Light / Horn Accessories
Precision Digital offers a Light / Horn that can be mounted to the PDA3407 and PDA3408 by the user. This Light / Horn can be wired to flash or stay steady on and the horn is rated at 85 dB. The light and horn can be controlled independently of each other via separate relays on the meter such that the horn can be programmed to silence via a button mounted to the enclosure and the light can be programmed to stay on until the alarm clears.
The light / horn and reset button are all rated NEMA 4X or IP65. The following table illustrates a typical way the Light / Horn accessory can be wired and programmed using the four relays on the ProVu meter:
|Relay #||Connected to||Typical reset method|
|1||Flashing Light(1)||Reset automatically after alarm clears|
|2||Horn||Silence with Reset Button at any time|
|3||User Device||As user desires|
|4||User Device||As user desires|
1. Light can be wired to flash or stay steady on
- The Light / Horn accessory is powered from the 200 mA transmitter power supply; so when it is installed, there is less power available for the transmitter. See MOD-LH and MOD-LHX2 Series manuals for details.
- See MOD-LHX2 manual for typical wiring diagrams using the Trident X2 meter, which has a capacity of only two relays.
MOD-LH & MOD-LHX2 Light / Horn Accessories
When these are ordered, the enclosure comes pre-drilled with holes for the Light / Horn and Reset Button to be installed by user. Meter and enclosure are sold separately. The Light / Horn hole is in the back left corner of the enclosure and the Reset button is centered on the side of the enclosure about an inch off the bottom. For mounting in different locations, order items separately and drill holes and mount as desired. Other light and button colors are available.
Light / Horn Dimensions Units: Inches (mm)
PDA6545 2" Pipe Mounting Kit
The PDA6545 and PDA6545-SS pipe mounting kits provide convenient ways to mount the PDA3400 enclosures to 2" pipes.
PDA-SSTAG Stainless Steel Tags
PDA-SSTAG is a laser etched stainless steel tag accessory for any of your Precision Digital meters. The tag featurs custom text for equipment identification, instruction, or whatever else is needed in your facility. Each tag comes with a stainless steel wire and lead seal for easy mounting wherever you need it.
PDX18DIN-FILLER 1/8 DIN Cutout Filler
The NEMA 4X 1/8 DIN cutout filler is used to cover up empty 1/8 DIN cutouts and maintain the NEMA 4X rating to the panel or enclosure. It consists of a generic bezel with a black faceplate, as well as mounting brackets, gasket, etc.