Precision Digital Corp is a leading developer and manufacturer of electronic instruments used in industrial processes worldwide. For over 40 years we have produced exceptional products that display and control critical processes in the oil and gas, water / wastewater, power, and chemical industries.
We are looking for a smart and driven embedded firmware engineer to join our growing team of top-notch electrical engineers. You will drive the development and application of firmware for new and existing microcontroller-based products. This position may encompass the full product life cycle including: specification, design, implementation, testing, release, and manufacturing support. Your contribution can make a true impact on our company and products.
The ideal candidate must have a solid understanding of embedded programming, microcontroller architectures and embedded software implementations. A strong electronics background is also required. The candidate must be able to work with a sense of urgency independently or as part of a team, as well as be able to deliver projects within deadlines and budget.
This position is based in Hopkinton, MA (local applicants only).
- Define, clarify and capture project goals & technical requirements.
- Design, test, implement, improve and debug firmware.
- Write efficient, sophisticated, reliable, and self-documenting code.
- Lead and participate in design and code reviews.
- Work independently or in a team to deliver projects within deadlines and budget.
- Be a resourceful and creative problem-solver.
- 3+ years of writing firmware for embedded microcontrollers
- Experience implementing firmware for cost sensitive embedded products
- Strong familiarity with ARM or MSP430 cores
- High level programming skills in C, C++, C/C++
- BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Top pay
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement Plans with matching contributions
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Spacious work space
- Flexible schedule and work / life balance
- Free snacks, coffee, tea, and soda in our Java Joint
- Large break room with a full kitchen
- Outdoor patio and grill
- Company activities and outings
- Brand new headquarters office building
- Low stress atmosphere
- Friendly and competent co-workers
- Accessible and empowering management
- Interesting, challenging, and meaningful work
- Large desk and comfortable chair
- High-performance computer, state-of-the-art software, and two monitors
- Engineering lab
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Join one of the industry’s finest engineering teams.
- Get high-visibility, autonomy, and possibilities for career growth.
- Make a true impact on our company and products.
- Gain meaningful career development and opportunity to grow as an engineer.
- Get the best tools and a quiet place to work and get the job done.
- We invest a lot of time and effort to ensure we are a great fit for the people we hire, and vice versa. As a result, we like, trust, and respect each other.
Does this sound like a great fit? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your résumé and a cover letter to [email protected] to be considered for this position.