PDW30 and Helios at a Food Processing Plant
Description of Application
A level transmitter monitoring wet well level is connected to a PDW30, which sends the reading wirelessly to a Helios meter about 150 yards away.
Key Aspects of the Application:
- The PDW30 wireless bridge eliminates the needs for wires and sends the 4-20 mA signal wirelessly to the Helios unit
- The PDW30's enclosure is NEMA 4X / IP68, which allows it to be installed outdoors
- The PDW30 has a 1 mile line-of-sight outdoor / 500 Ft indoor range
- The Helios’s big, bright display can be read from a distance and even in bright sunlight
- The Helios’s second may be configured to display the tank's percentage full
- The Helios’s NEMA 4X enclosure means it can be installed in dirty, dusty, outdoor and wet environments.
- The Helios’s relays can be used to drive the light and horn during low and high level alarm conditions as shown in the Light / Horn video